After all the demands for answers, "just one more sign," "prove yourself," "we’ll prove you’re not the Messiah by hanging you on a cross till dead' - may God have mercy on your soul!" Jesus walked out of the grave in a blaze of glory and power. His resurrection either answered the questions people had - or inspired intentional unbelief. People usually fall on one side or another.
* Jesus actually was dead - and the Romans and the religious hierarchy knew where the grave was.
* The grave was sealed by the Romans with a contingent of guards who saw the stone move.
* There were 500 witnesses - and a mass hallucination is impossible.
* Jesus one brother, James, who had rejected Jesus in his ministry years - believed.
* The Saul of Tarsus - who hated Jesus and Christians, believed and records the earliest account of the authenticity of Jesus’ death and resurrection - and deity.
* The best, earliest and most numerous (by a wide margin) ancient historical records are of Jesus, His life, His death and His resurrection.
* Jesus didn’t just split history - He changed history. That’s a fact. It’s also a fact that He’s still splitting history into BC and AD for those who come to Him.
Bottom line? THE DEFENSE RESTS! And now you - and every other person must decide on Jesus - and what their lives, their future, their destiny, and their eternity will be.
*Go to LAUNCH SERMON PLAYER for PDF and YouTube Podcast