Dear Olive Branch Family
It seems like an eternity since we have been able to meet face to face. During this pandemic all our lives have changed dramatically including how we worship together. Our online church has been very well received and has been able to touch lives with the good news of Jesus outside the walls of 175 Anderson, but the time has come to move out of the lobby and back into the auditorium.
Over the last several months I have had the opportunity to speak to other church leaders and review the many church surveys - and for the most part they all confirm the same thing. The fear of gathering in large numbers is still very real. So, considering this, we have decided to take a gradual regathering approach.
Here are the simplified details.
- Beginning Wednesday September 30 @ 7:00 pm you are invited to attend the live recording of services that will be aired on YouTube and FB the following Sunday.
- A prayer gathering will be held at 6:00 pm prior to Ken's recording of the service.
- Hosts/greeters will meet each person entering the building to explain the process and to ask some basic health questions.
- The auditorium will be set up with large round tables (banquet style) spaced apart with 3-4 people per table. A contact tracing log will be kept for each service. If needed, larger families can arrange ahead of time to reserve one of the tables by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional seating will be added as required.
- Hand sanitizer stations will be set up at the front entrance, auditorium, tables, and washrooms.
- One song of live worship will be added to the beginning of the service. Not necessarily for the purpose of participation, but more for reflection and prayer prior to Ken speaking.
- Masks must be worn while in the building, but can be removed while taking communion.
- Communion services will be added with pre-packaged juice and wafer.
Eventually we plan to add an in-person, on-site Sunday service and we will resume Kids Branch ministries at that time.
The Coronavirus is certainly raising health concerns across the globe. As with any newly emerging infectious disease, knowledge evolves with time and recommendations are changing rapidly. We are closely monitoring information from public health officials and will follow their prevention guidelines to help keep our facilities clean and church community safe. In the meantime, we advise The Olive Branch Family to consider the following:
Again, we caution you to practice the standard, flu-season safety precautions we are already familiar with. Here are some of the basic measures as recommended by Health Canada.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if your hands are visibly dirty.
All future communication will be distributed through our website WWW.TOB.CA For general information, the best source of information is Health Canada. If you have any questions, please email email@example.com
- Pray for the many medical professionals, public safety professionals, educators, missionaries, and others who are affected
- Pray for the Lord’s protection from illness among our people
- Pray for gospel opportunities to come from this outbreak
- Pray for wisdom regarding ministry impact in the event of local COVID-19 cases
Thank you for helping us keep The Olive Branch a safe place as we gather to worship.