Ken Davis [LEAD PASTOR]
Contact: email@example.com x202
TWO (OR MORE) THINGS YOU MAY NOT KNOW ABOUT KEN
1. When Ken was a kid he had a pet snapping turtle named "Joe" who ate flies and bologna - and was imported illegally to the U.S. from Peterborough, Ontario. Ken also once owned and actually wore, a pair of pink bellbottoms with tan pockets.
2. Ken's last name should actually be "Ferguson". It's a long, complicated story about a great-grandfather in England who lost his parents in an epidemic - and then was taken in and apprenticed by a man named "Davis".
Andy Notice [ENCOUNTER YOUTH PASTOR]
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org x210
TWO (OR MORE) THINGS YOU MAY NOT KNOW ABOUT ANDY
1. Andy has had a couple of significant sport injuries. The first was when he tore an Achilles tendon playing volleyball. Andy remembers his wife, Megan, being ticked because he couldn't finish the tournament. The second, Andy tore his other Achilles tendon playing basketball - two days before his son was born. When they took baby Ayden home, Megan was not the one who got the luxury of a wheelchair ride out of the hospital - Andy did.
2. Andy is teaching his 2 sons how to become Jedi Knights - just like him...
Anne Ison [KIDS BRANCH]
Contact: email@example.com x205
TWO (OR MORE) THINGS YOU MAY NOT KNOW ABOUT ANNE
1. When Anne was a kid she wanted to be a spy. Her kid-brain was convinced her Dad was a spy - and she read all of Leon Uris' spy-themed books to educate herself.
2. Anne used to do radio jingles for Weston Bakeries. She says that's why she doesn't eat bread now... but we don't believe her. Anne also despises elastic bands (ask her why) and she has an aversion for bananas that have brown spots on them.
Lori Atherton Davis [COMMUNICATIONS]
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org x206
TWO (OR MORE) THINGS YOU MAY NOT KNOW ABOUT LORI
1. Lori was a daredevil as a kid. She regularly freaked out her parents by climbing too high or jumping from precarious heights. That all changed one day when Lori threw herself off a 10 meter Olympic diving platform. Now she won't walk anywhere near the railing on the second floor of the Markville Mall.
2. Lori got her public start in music at age 12. She played the Toronto Coffee House circuit in the early 70's, and in 1976, Lori opened for Larry Norman [The Father of Christian Rock] in Regina, Saskatchewan.
Sandra Gibner [MINISTRY COORDINATOR]
Contact: email@example.com x208
TWO (OR MORE) THINGS YOU MAY NOT KNOW ABOUT SANDRA
1. As a kid, Sandra dreamed of being an archaeologist. Good thing since she has to dig herself out from under the paperwork on her desk each day!
2. Sandra loves to go camping - even in the winter... when there is snow on the ground. What a good Canadian, eh? Sandra also loves soccer and plays in the Markham Soccer League. Sandra's Mom is less than thrilled to have her daughter involved in such a dangerous sport. [find Nana Williams' cane in the staff picture]
Kelly Davis [PT ENCOUNTER YOUTH ASSISTANT]
TWO (OR MORE) THINGS YOU MAY NOT KNOW ABOUT KELLY
1. In 2008 Kelly was chosen to be on the Markham Fair Ambassador Team. Wearing her sash and medal and cowboy hat, she rode around the Fair for 4 days in a golf cart like a celebrity. Kelly presently serves as an official member of the Markham Fair Committee and wears her cowboy hat whenever she can.
2. Kelly's favourite dessert is ice cream... like, get outta her way if there is ice cream around. She also loves restaurants that serve breakfast all day. If Kelly can work ice cream into breakfast - she's even happier.
Petra Talsma [PT BOOKEEPER]
TWO (OR MORE) THINGS YOU MAY NOT KNOW ABOUT PETRA
1. While the rest of us were playing in the dirt and getting into trouble as kids, Petra dreamed of working with international foreign exchange and investments. It's true!
2. In her spare time Petra loves to golf and go to auctions to look for unique furniture pieces. But the thing she loves the most is being a hockey Mom -- cheering her daughter on!